17.1.09


I just finished making a 60th birthday scrapbook for a friend of mines' father. It was so great to pull out all my stuff and put this amazing book together. Here are a few pictures of the book.

We'll work from the back because that's how I loaded the pictures in... duh
The back page can be left empty or because it's his 60th maybe a nice photo of him on his birthday.

The page layouts were very simple as I didn't know how many photos or pages there were going to be. I was so excited with all of the little collage/journaling blocks in the book.

Most of the pages looked like this, they are pockets for some of the letters the girls had friends of their fathers write for the book.

It was great to get back into the creative mind set. Tomorrow is going to be a day filled with some craftiness as I get ready to visit with my peeps on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Melissa...it is so NICE to get back into 'the stash' isn't it? Just to feel the textures and to be surrounded by paper. I love it! it seems a part of me...I just don't feel whole unless I have some paper project on the go. Fingers crossed the weather will co-operate...I SO...need a night with my PEEPS!
    See you soon Mighty Mouse!
    Love
    Myleta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19.1.09

    wow, you have been busy!!! new banner & everything! love the book & bet Heather did too...where'd ya get the stamp for the family tag? (he one that looks like chicken wire???)happy day sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Melissa! Gotta love being creative and how lucky is your friends Dad for getting a piece of your beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete