6.1.09

Christmas


Well Christmas this year was something else. I thought I was going to hate it. I thought it would be the worst Christmas ever. It wasn't what I thought at all. No it wasn't normal, and no it wasn't something I want to experience every year, but I didn't hate it, and it wasn't the worst ever. That is our place on Christmas morning.

This is our cat Mookie. She lived under the tree and this is where we found her Christmas morning. So we opened our gifts at our apartment, no pics of that as I was too excited about my wii fit to take any photos and then we had to leave right away so we could make it to Katie and Jeff's place before the kids started opening their gifts.

And who can argue with this, how cute is this baby. My niece she didn't even know what was going on, but she's so cute it doesn't matter.

And my nephew Ryan, he's five and what fun he was tearing through his many gifts having such a great time showing everyone what he got.

And this, the final picture from Christmas, it wasn't so bad not being at my mom's place for the opening gifts anyway.

When we did finally finish up at Katie's place we had a delicious breakfast and headed out to the valley to spend the rest of our Christmas. Once we arrived there is was time to open more gifts and if that wasn't enough, Ria and her crew arrived shortly after and it was another gift opening extravagazna. I would love to share some photos with you but as I said the above is the final picture as the camera did make it to the car, however did NOT make it into the house. (I have to make sure I "fit" photography in a little better). Dinner at moms was fantastic, the turkey was the best we've had that anyone can remember. I would love to tell you more, but as I got a little tipsy this year (everyone has a turn) I can't quite recall the deets.

All in all this Christmas didn't SUCK, but I it isn't something I'm ready to get used to!

4 comments:

  1. The first C'Mas that is different is always the hardest, Melissa. And sometimes the anticipation is worse than the actual. Sounds like you "tipped" your way through the day like a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    THAT Baby is a doll! Who wouldn't be wooed into enjoying themselves around such a sweet wee (not Wii) soul. You did it! You made the best of IT! and IT wasn't have bad after all.
    I have managed to fit the photo taking into C'Mas day but missed big time on the many, many days I celebrated BEFORE Christmas. I plan to make a book ahead of schedule next year to remind me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8.1.09

    Too funny Myleta...(excuse me for a minute Melissa!!!) I have all the stuff in a bag ready to make one for next year too...It's all that fun stuff that happens before Christmas I always go back to & there are never enough photos...MELISSA! you are a trooper...and no need to worry, I survived our 1st Christmas eve apart in fine style too...( can't say I've EVER done that before) Still if I had to pick, it would ALWAYS be to have you home on Christmas day for dinner :O) oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa...I'm glad you not only survived but also enjoyed Christmas this year! It is hard when you have to give up some of your traditions...but each year it will get easier and soon you will have new traditions of your own.
    See you next week at bookclub! xo

    ReplyDelete